Portioli alongside the best Robusta and Arabica blends offers customers single origin coffees. Single origin coffees are coffees that come from a single geographical region or plantation. This means that coffee beans are grown and harvested from a specific area, without being mixed with beans from other regions or plantations.
The distinguishing characteristic of single origin coffees is that they reflect the qualities and characteristics typical of the region in which they are grown. Factors such as terroir (climate, soil, altitude) and cultivation techniques used influence flavour, aroma, and taste profile of the coffee.
Coffee lovers often appreciate single origin coffees because they offer a unique and distinctive taste experience. They can have a wide range of flavours, ranging from sweet to fruity, chocolatey to floral, depending on the region of origin. Traceability is another important aspect of single-origin coffees, as they can be traced back to the exact origin of the coffee and provide information on the growing and processing techniques used.
All that remains is to experience Portioli single origin blends, which include:
- India single origin: Single origin coffee for bars, carefully selected coffee beans from the magical lands of India. Composed of 100% Arabica coffee qualities, this is an intense single origin with spicy and refined aromas. Characterized by elegant and aromatic acidity, and low caffeine content with a fine, golden-coloured crema in the cup;
- Brazil single origin: Single origin coffee for bars, carefully selected coffee beans from the warm and colourful lands of Brazil. Composed of 100% Arabica coffee qualities, this is a single origin with a sweet, honeyed and slightly biscuit taste. Characterized by mild acidity and low caffeine content, with a creamy in-cup texture and golden colour;
- Honduras single origin: Single origin coffee for bars, carefully selected coffee beans from the colourful lands of Honduras. Composed of 100% Arabica coffee qualities, this is an elegant, sweet single origin with floral notes. Characterized by a pleasant, balanced acidity and low caffeine content, with a fine-textured, golden-coloured crema in the cup;
- Ethiopia single origin: Single origin coffee for bars, carefully selected coffee beans from the fascinating land of Ethiopia. Composed of 100% Arabica coffee qualities, this is a single origin full of style, sweet and very fragrant. Characterized by elegant acidity and low caffeine content, with a fine-textured crema and golden colour.
What to use single origin Portioli for
Single origin coffees can be prepared in a variety of ways, such as espresso, filter, French press, or other extraction techniques. Each preparation method can highlight different flavour nuances present in single origin coffee.
Coffee preparation using single origin coffees is similar to that of other coffees, but the main difference lies in the choice and approach to processing single origin coffees. Here is a brief guide to coffee preparation using single origin coffees:
- Choose single origin coffee: Select the single origin coffee you wish to use. You can opt for coffees from different regions to explore a variety of flavours and flavour profiles.
- Grind beans: Grind coffee beans just before brewing to preserve their freshness and aroma. The grind depends on the preparation method you plan to use. For example, for espresso, a fine grind is necessary, while for filter or French press, a coarser grind may be appropriate.
- Dosing: Use a scale to weigh the amount of coffee according to your preferences. Usually, the recommended proportion is about 1:16, or 1 part coffee to 16 parts water. However, you can adjust the dosage according to the desired strength and intensity.
- Preparation: You can choose the preparation method you prefer, such as espresso, filter, French press, or others. Follow the specific instructions for the method you choose. Be sure to follow the recommended extraction times and temperatures for best results.
After completing the preparation, enjoy your single origin coffee. Be alert to the various aromas, flavours, and notes that emerge from the coffee. Each single origin coffee will have its own unique characteristics that can be appreciated while tasting.
Much more than just coffee – Why single origin blends for customers
Single origin coffees are much more than just coffee, which is why Portioli proposes to the barista and the customer not only the traditional Arabica and Robusta, but also carefully selected single origins of excellent quality. There are many different reasons to buy these coffees to offer to the customer and among them are:
- Unique flavours: Single origin coffees reflect the typical characteristics of the region in which they are grown, including factors such as terroir, climate, and soil. This results in a unique and distinctive flavour profile for each single-origin coffee. If you are passionate about discovering new flavours and appreciating diversity in coffee, single-origin coffees offer a wide range of flavour profiles to explore.
- Tracciabilità e provenienza: Single-origin coffees offer a high level of traceability. You can know the exact region where the coffee comes from and often the specific plantation. This allows you to have a more direct connection with coffee producers and support sustainable and quality practices. In addition, you can get detailed information about the growing and processing techniques used, contributing to a more informed consumer experience.
- Terroir expression: Terroir, which includes factors such as climate, soil, and altitude, affects the flavour and aroma of coffee. Single origin coffees allow the influence of terroir on the beverage to be appreciated. For example, coffees from high altitude regions may have more pronounced floral or fruity notes, while coffees from warmer regions may be richer and chocolaty. If you are interested in understanding the impact of terroir on coffee, single origin coffees, offer a great opportunity for exploration.
Single origin coffees often require more effort in growing, harvesting, and processing. Farmers and producers devote attention and care to produce high quality coffees. By choosing singleorigin coffees, you can appreciate the artisanship and work behind each cup of coffee. Find your favourite Portioli single origin now!